- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 5 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC Open Source Development Board Now for Sale
Have you ever heard of Libre Computer Renegade SBC – aka ROC-RK3328-CC – based on Rockchip RK3328 processor, and launched last month on Indiegogo?
It is a collaboration between the Libre Computer Project and the Firefly Team to bring you the latest hardware technologies like Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.1 in a tiny board form factor with up to 4GB of DDR4.
It is designed as a drop in hardware replacement for the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and offers faster performance, more memory, lower power, higher IO throughput, 4K capabilities, open market components, improved media acceleration, removal of the vendor locked-in interfaces, and Android 7.1 support. This platform uses the latest technologies and is built upon proven long term available chips.
It can be used to tinker with electronics, teach programming, build media centers, create digital signage solutions, play retro games, establish bi-directional video, and unlock imaginations.
The crowdfunding campaign successfully completed a few days ago with over $20,000 raised from close to 250 backers.
The board is made by Firefly team and the company is now selling the board with 1 or 2GB RAM for respectively $35 and $50 plus shipping, but the 4GB version is not up for sale at this stage.
The board will ship with a micro USB cable, which will mitigate some of the micro USB powering issues some people may have had otherwise.
Firefly-ROC-RK3328-CC board specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-450MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1, 2, or 4GB DDR4
- Storage – eMMC 5.x flash module socket (8 to 128 GB) + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support, 3.5mm AV port (composite video + stereo audio)
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264, 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Expansion Headers
o 40-pin (mostly) Raspberry Pi compatible GPIO header with PWM, I2C, SPI, GPIOs
o 3-pin ADC Header with 2x analog inputs, GND
- Debugging – UART header pins
- Misc – IR receiver; button
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 85 x 56 mm