- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
Fire & gas detector with protection
In this article we will see how to build a fire and gas detection system that also provides protection. We use Arduino Nano as a microcontroller and two sensors: MQ-2 gas sensor and the flame sensor. We use a 16×2 LCD display to view live status. There are also PCB designed dual channel relays to control the exhaust fan and fire extinguisher.
Whenever flammable gas is detected by the sensor, the exhaust ventilation system connected through a relay turns on until the gas is completely removed from the room.
However, when a fire is detected by the flame sensor, the connected extinguisher system activates until the fire is extinguished completely. When fire or gas is detected, the buzzer sounds (used for alarm purposes).