- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 1 week ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 weeks ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 1 month ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 3 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 4 months ago
Fire & gas detector with protection
In this article we will see how to build a fire and gas detection system that also provides protection. We use Arduino Nano as a microcontroller and two sensors: MQ-2 gas sensor and the flame sensor. We use a 16×2 LCD display to view live status. There are also PCB designed dual channel relays to control the exhaust fan and fire extinguisher.
Whenever flammable gas is detected by the sensor, the exhaust ventilation system connected through a relay turns on until the gas is completely removed from the room.
However, when a fire is detected by the flame sensor, the connected extinguisher system activates until the fire is extinguished completely. When fire or gas is detected, the buzzer sounds (used for alarm purposes).