- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 9 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Doorbell With Face Recognition
The doorbell system is mainly designed for elderly or vision-impaired persons and is pretty straight-forward in its workings. In short, the doorbell switch triggers the camera to obtain footage. Next, faces in the footage are detected and matched with a whitelist and blacklist. The occupant gets clear visual feedback by a clear traffic light display. Hereby, the green, yellow or red light indicate that the person(s) are on the whitelist, unknown to the system or on the blacklist respectively. If the yellow or red light is triggered, the photo is sent by a Telegram bot to inform/warn a relative or caretaker.
The main components of this project are Raspberry Pi board and Raspberry Pi camera.