- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 4 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
Doorbell With Face Recognition
The doorbell system is mainly designed for elderly or vision-impaired persons and is pretty straight-forward in its workings. In short, the doorbell switch triggers the camera to obtain footage. Next, faces in the footage are detected and matched with a whitelist and blacklist. The occupant gets clear visual feedback by a clear traffic light display. Hereby, the green, yellow or red light indicate that the person(s) are on the whitelist, unknown to the system or on the blacklist respectively. If the yellow or red light is triggered, the photo is sent by a Telegram bot to inform/warn a relative or caretaker.
The main components of this project are Raspberry Pi board and Raspberry Pi camera.