- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 4 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 5 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 5 months ago
DIY Your Customized Coffee Cup
Mug-O-Matic is a 3-axis drawing robot that can customize coffee mugs. It uses markers to draw anything you want on a coffee mug via manual controls, calculated algorithms, or even g-code. The mug can be washed clean with warm soapy water or the drawing can be made permanent by baking it in the oven.
In its nominal configuration, the Mug-O-Matic is controlled by an Arduino Nano with a custom TinyCNC board, and uses a trio of small servo motors for cup plotting.
All components were selected to be commonly available, or otherwise 3D printed from environmentally friendly PLA plastic. All printed parts were designed with care to be compliant of fabrication variances and to be printable without the need for post processing.
Additionally, the device can be reconfigured into a wide variety of robotic forms, and features 60+ compatible parts with which to do so.
This robot is entirely open source and offers kids an opportunity & excuse to learn Arduino, the most common and universally applicable language for physical computing. No soldering or bread-boarding is required, controls are all plug-&-play.
You can read more about Mug-O-Matic here.