- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 7 days ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
- PRO MIDI 1284P developer’s boardPosted 2 months ago
Create a speed trap with Machine Learning
After several walks, the author of the project noticed the reckless driving in some streets of the neighborhood. With several people in similar situations walking and crossing busy intersections, he thought it would be nice to stop engaging in reckless driving behaviors and start measuring the frequency of speed along some nearby roads.
So he decided to build a “speed camera” which, through machine learning algorithms, is able to identify vehicles and then measure the speed through certain sensors. The goal was not to identify individual cars or acquire license plates, but rather to aggregate data that could be used by the city to plan traffic mitigation efforts.
The Machine Learning algorithm runs on a Raspberry Pi 4 in order to identify vehicles, there is a doppler radar sensor to measure speed, a camera module and a cellular module to report data to the cloud.