- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
A vintage Boombox with Spotify
If you find an old broken Boombox at home, don’t throw it away! You can turn it into a modern one with Spotify and NFC cassettes. The cassettes will have an NFC tag inside them and each of them can be associated with a Playlist on Spotify.
The old stereo was disassembled and deprived of all those electronic and mechanical parts no longer useful for the purpose.
The heart of it all is a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with the Raspberry Pi OS Lite Operating System with Phoeniebox connecting to Spotify via mopidy. The Raspberry is connected to the speakers through a WM8960 module and communicates via I2C with a PN532 NFC/RFID module in order to be able to read the tags of the different boxes. In addition, buttons have been inserted, near the mechanism of the mechanical keys present in the radio, so as to be able to control the reproduction of music.