- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
6 Axis Open Source Robot: AR2 Hits Kickstarter
The AR2 6-axis robot is an open source robot platform powered by an Arduino microcontroller. It can currently be 3D printed and build from low cost off the shelf components from online stores such as Amazon, McMaster Carr and Stepperonline. However if you are looking for a more robust version then the aluminium version is definitely worth considering.
The project includes a complete list of all materials and full instructions together with CAD files to 3D print components to build the robot, Arduino sketch for stepper driver control and software to program and operate robot as well as kinematic model.
All the 3D printing files and schematics can be found at the project’s GitHub repository.
The aluminum parts kit is available to backers for $1,195. Check the Kickstarter page for more information.