- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 1 day ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
XYZ printer shows its new 3D food printer at Berlin IFA 2015
Great interest at IFA2015 around the first food printer shown by XYZ printing.
A 3D printer that layers cookie dough instead of plastic will go on sale in Asia next year and later in the U.S. and Europe pending regulatory approval.
The Food Printer from Taiwan’s XYZ Printing will cost around US$1,800.
The printer works in a similar way to a traditional printer by layering dough, but what it prints isn’t edible. It’s printed on a piece of parchment paper and then needs to be baked in an oven before being eaten.
The machine can accommodate up to three tubes of printing product. They can be filled with a cookie dough-like mixture, chocolate or supplies to print a pizza. In that case the tubes would be filled with pizza dough, tomato sauce and cheese sauce.
The unit has about two dozen preset designs, but bakers can add more via a USB port.
The developers are targeting commercial users instead of consumers first and said they need to see where the most demand is.
Source: 3D printing in cookie dough tastes better than plastic
More info on XYZ printers websites.
Pingback: طابعة ثلاثية قادرة على صنع المأكولات بثلاث طبقات – (فيديو) - Alo Arabia – الو ارابيا