- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 4 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
Smart trash bin with touch display
In this project we will see how to build a smart bin. The system detects if the bin is already full and opens automatically when someone approaches.
What gives it an edge over other smart garbage cans on the market is that it uses a touch screen display that allows the user to interact and turn it on/off. The display is a 4D Systems gen4-uLCD-50DCT-CLB, it is a 5-inch capacitive touch module controlled by an Arduino Uno with the help of ViSi Environment in the Workshop4 pro version.
In addition we use two HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensors to detect when someone approaches and MG996R servos for opening and closing. Below is the general scheme.