- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Raspberry Pi “Mouse-Sized” All-In-One Computer…What Else?
Youtuber Electronic Grenade, a DIY enthusiast, has created something truly impressive in the form of a mouse that doubles up as a full-fledged computer. Aptly called ‘The Computer Mouse’, the device has a small colour display, a slide-out keyboard, and of course, a fully-functional mouse which also forms the main body.
The mouse is a little bigger than normal, due to the special requirements of the project and Electronics Grenade used a 3D printer to design and develop his own mouse.
“This is a completely functional computer inside a totally 100% completely normal sized mouse. Basically, I designed a mouse in fusion360 and printed it out and added a Raspberry Pi Zero, a 1.5in screen, a battery and a keyboard,” explained the YouTuber.
Electronic Grenade designed the mouse’s body in Autodesk Fusion 360, and then 3D-printed the parts. The computer inside is a Raspberry Pi Zero W, and the electronics from two USB mice were transplanted into the enclosure.
A mini Bluetooth keyboard is stored in the base, and the screen is a tiny 1.5″ full-color OLED. Finally, an Adafruit Micro-LiPo charger and 500mAh battery power it all. That battery will probably only last an hour or two, but will provide actual all-in-one computing while it does.