- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 4 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Orbit1: A Tabletop Electroplater turns everything into metal. On kickstarter now!
This is an awesome product. Most of us are wondering how to improve, in terms of material strength and durability but also with a look at the aestethic part, our plastic 3d prints. Orbit1 is a solution. It is a compact and smart electroplater that, simply controlling it through a bluetooth smartphone, allow to deposit a thin metallic film on any plastic object. This gives better resiliency and a fashion touch to our creations.
The product comes with a kit that includes a special conductive paint and the necessary chemicals to plate everything out-of-the-box.
Go to Kickstarter now to pledge a highly discounted product!
Here are few details from their page:
Orbit1 is an electroplater that allows you to plate just about everything. Look at the trumpet we 3D printed and plated with Orbit1! You can even make your own musical instrument at home. Using Orbit1, you can coat your works in metal, even gold, in three simple steps. First, clean and polish your object, next spray the conductive paint, then click start. Orbit1 will metallize your design, empowering you with the Midas touch from your tabletop. Orbit1 is a step forward in the 3D printing world.
Your most affordable tabletop electroplating solution for consumer 3D printing:
- Cost-efficient – $2/g in average
- Easy-to-use – Android and iOS App control & Auto-Maintenance system.
- Speedy – Fine finish in 2 hours, even minutes.
- Stylish & compact – Φ300mm/H 560mm.
- Applicable to almost any surface – Proprietary conductive paint spray.
- Max. plating size – 200mm (7.8 inch) high and 150mm (5.9 inch) wide.
- Highly flexible – Adjust and customize plating details for your work in specifics.