- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 3 days ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 week ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 4 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 1 month ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 1 month ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 month ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 1 month ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 1 month ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 1 month ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
If you daily spend a lot of time in front of a mirror, I think you could appreciate this mirror’s features:
- Helps you pick clothes
- Record videos
- Voice or Smartphone controlled
In my opinion the most exciting feature is the virtual wardrobe. Using a built-in Raspberry Pi camera, you can photograph yourself and create a database of your looks. Each item has a dress code assigned to it automatically (casual, business-casual, sportswear, etc.); that dress code is later used to recommend you clothes, based on it and weather outside. When you add an item, you can also record live view of yourself. You turn around the mirror capturing full 360 of the outfit.
- One way mirror (6mm) thick
- 8mm plywood
- 20″ Samsung 2032MW (16:10 aspect ration, 1680×1050 resolution)
- LED strips and driver (to upgrade CFL blacklight in the LCD)
- Raspberry PI
- Pi Camera
- USB microphone
- CNC machine (Carver)
- 3D Printer (Utimaker)
- Laser cutter
- Drill/Screwdriver – the usual stuff
After fitting the LED into a CNC case, they 3D printed a custom Raspberry holder and a case for the pi camera, hot glued the required boards for the monitor in place, added in a power supply and secured the monitor with best-in-town technology (duct tape): that’s all.
The Evil Queen maybe would appreciate this smart mirror!