- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 3 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 6 months ago
This instructable explains how to make an anemometer from an Arduino Uno R3, two VL6180X laser distance modules, and a section of plastic drain pipe or similar.
Processing3 is used to display the wind speed and wind direction.
The wind direction is independent of the pipe dimensions.
The sensitivity to wind speed depends on the pipe dimensions and the amount of applied damping.
Construction is simple … all you need is a drill , a hacksaw, and a hot-glue gun.
The anemometer is purely experimental and is published in the hope that the techniques will be of use to others.
The estimated cost to build this anemometer is between $20 and $50 depending on how many parts you have on-hand.