- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
This instructable explains how to make an anemometer from an Arduino Uno R3, two VL6180X laser distance modules, and a section of plastic drain pipe or similar.
Processing3 is used to display the wind speed and wind direction.
The wind direction is independent of the pipe dimensions.
The sensitivity to wind speed depends on the pipe dimensions and the amount of applied damping.
Construction is simple … all you need is a drill , a hacksaw, and a hot-glue gun.
The anemometer is purely experimental and is published in the hope that the techniques will be of use to others.
The estimated cost to build this anemometer is between $20 and $50 depending on how many parts you have on-hand.