- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 5 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
Infrared Matrix Password Input System with Arduino
ICStation team introduce you the Infrared Matrix Password Input System based on ICStation Compatible Board Arduino. It works under the DC 5v power supply, and uses the 4 *4 Matrix Keyboard or the infrared remote control to input the password, and uses the LCD1602 to display the characters which the correct password and wrong password corresponding. This system is very easy to made with low cost and has strong security. What’s more, it can be used in the special situations which normal humans should not close to, such the High radiation zone, the High infection area and so on.
1) Uses the 4 *4 Matrix Keyboard to input the password and uses the LCD1602 to display the result. When the password is right, the LCD1602 will display “Success!”. When the password is wrong, the LCD1602 will display “welcome”.
2)Uses the infrared remote control to input the password and used the LCD1602 to display the result. When the password is correct, the LCD1602 will display “Success!”. When the password is wrong, the LCD1602 will display “welcome”.
Step 1: Connect the 5v power supply and the GND of the ICStation Mega2560 to the Bread Board.
The red line is for the power supply, the black is for the GND.
Step 2: Divide these 16 pins
Step 3: Soldering the pins to the LCD1602
Step 4: Connect the LCD1602 to the Bread Board.
Step 5: Connect the anode and cathode of the LCD1602 to the common anode and cathode
Step 6: Place the Adjustable Resistor
Pin 1-anode, Pin3-cathode, pin2-pin3(LCD1602)
Step 7: Connect the pin5 of the LCD1602 to the GND
Step 8: Connect the 1602LCD to the ICStation Mega2560.
The Pin4(1602LCD)-The Pin12(ICStation Mega2560)
The Pin6(1602LCD)-The Pin11(ICStation Mega2560)
The Pin14(LCD1602)-The Pin5(ICStation Mega2560)
The Pon13(LCD1602)-The Pin4(ICStation Mega2560)
The Pon12(LCD1602)-The Pin3(ICStation Mega2560)
The Pon11(LCD1602)-The Pin2(ICStation Mega2560)
Step 9: Connect the 4 *4 Matrix Keyboard to the ICStation Mega2560
Step 10: Connect the Infrared remote control module to the pin7of the ICStation Mega2560, the GND and the anode
Step 11: Video to show effect
Bill of Materials:
1.1×Arduino mega or Compatible
3.1×10K RM103 Blue White Resistance Adjustable Resistor
4.1×1602A HD44780 Character LCD Display Module LCM Blue Backlight
5.1×4 *4 Matrix Keyboard
6.1× Infrared Remote Control Module
9.1×5v Power Supply
Software & Code Snippets: