- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
DIY Ground Control Station for Your Drone
The maker Elad Orbach spent a lot of time assembling and disassembling parts and cables from his laptop. Tired to deal with the assembling and disassembling in the field, he decided to create something more durable then his laptop. So he created this ground station instead of using a laptop.
Starting from an old laptop with a broken screen, a motherboard from another laptop, an LCD screen adapter and an affordable Pelican to host all the needed hardware, the project came to life.
In order to install everything in a way that would give him easy access to the parts just for any case, he opted for a PVC foam that was easy to work without specific machinery. To give the panel a better look, Elad used a vinyl sticker in a 3d carbon woven pattern.
For powering the station he chose to use a sla battery instead of lipo, because it’s easier to deal with in terms of charging it, it is much safer then lipo and it is cheaper and heavier so it can be used also for balancing the case. The station can be hooked to ac power when its available.
The UAV Ground Control Station is still under development, but the maker promised to update the project’s page.