- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 3 hours ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 5 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 6 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
DIY 6WD All Terrain Robot
“I decided to build a bigger robot that will easily overcome various obstacles on its way and will be able to move with a load of at least a dozen kilos. I also assumed that the robot should be able to cope in difficult terrain such as sand, snow and rubble. To make it possible, I built a 6-wheel [aluminum and duralumin] chassis equipped with 6 motors of sufficient high power and suitable motor driver and power supply. I also wanted my robot to be controlled from a long distance (at least 200 meters) so I used a good quality 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver.”
Having said that, in order to create the ultimate off-road RC rig, the maker asrebro designed his own six-wheeled vehicle, operated with the help of Arduino Mega.
To give it decent range and reliability, the hacker turned to a stock transmitter and receiver, but routed the PWM signals onboard to a Mega. The Arduino uses a pair of H-bridge boards to drive all six motors/wheels for tank-like movement.
Since an Arduino is used, this opens up a wide range of manual and automatic control options, and could even be used to power robotic accessories like a gripper or gimbal with a camera.
You can customize it as you prefer!