- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Arduino Fingerprint Door Locking System
Last year I’ve made two door lock projects. One was the keypad project and the second one was an RFID door lock project each with a 3D printed case and a servo to open the door. Today I have a new one and probably the last door lock project on this channel. This is a fingerprint door lock with a black box integrated. So, why is this better than the other two projects? Well, first you don’t need to carry any key or card with you since you always have your fingerprint. So that’s more convenient. It is also faster to use than typing the code of the keypad door lock. Just place the finger and open the door. Also, it is almost impossible to trick this door lock since a fingerprint is difficult to copy so with a metal case instead of plastic, this would be a very secure door lock.
Using a little Arduino programming the fingerprint reader checks to see if you have access and if approved the Arduino Mega development board unlocks the door using a micro servomotor.
The DIY biometric lock is also equipped with three push buttons and a 16×2 LCD display. This is a security door lock with fingerprint sensor. It is able to record all the door actions to and SD card and with real time. You can store new users, open door with the sensor and close it with push button. It has and LCD display for the users.
Watch the video below for further information: