- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 3 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 9 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
Angel, the Open Source sensor platform for Health and Fitness funded on Indiegogo
Angel, is a super interesting wearable device coming up from indiegogo.
This project really looks awesome:
Angel is the first device designed with developers in mind. Currently most trackers for fitness and health are built for use by a single proprietary app. We want to change that. We are opening up every protocol, API and sensor data stream. Ultimately, this means more apps to choose from.
When it comes to openness, the Angel project dubs itself as open both in software and hardware.
That would be a great choice, as only an open hardware ecosystem (coupled with apps) could provide a good level of experimentation also in use cases:
How is Angel different from the other wristbands out there?
Angel is the first open sensor for health and fitness.
Angel does not limit its users to proprietary interfaces. It was designed from the ground up to be open, both in hardware and software. We look forward to the innovations and optimizations that come from an open platform.
The metrics gathered by our sensors go beyond the basics gathered by other fitness sensors, and will be able to provide the user with vital data that can be used for prevention.
via Angel – the first open sensor for health and fitness | Indiegogo.
Pingback: Using Open Source Hardware to conquer new Markets | Open Electronics
Pingback: An Interview with Angel: the open ecosystem for Digital Heatlh and Fitness | Open Electronics