- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 6 days ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 weeks ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 1 month ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 3 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Angel, the Open Source sensor platform for Health and Fitness funded on Indiegogo
Angel, is a super interesting wearable device coming up from indiegogo.
This project really looks awesome:
Angel is the first device designed with developers in mind. Currently most trackers for fitness and health are built for use by a single proprietary app. We want to change that. We are opening up every protocol, API and sensor data stream. Ultimately, this means more apps to choose from.
When it comes to openness, the Angel project dubs itself as open both in software and hardware.
That would be a great choice, as only an open hardware ecosystem (coupled with apps) could provide a good level of experimentation also in use cases:
How is Angel different from the other wristbands out there?
Angel is the first open sensor for health and fitness.
Angel does not limit its users to proprietary interfaces. It was designed from the ground up to be open, both in hardware and software. We look forward to the innovations and optimizations that come from an open platform.
The metrics gathered by our sensors go beyond the basics gathered by other fitness sensors, and will be able to provide the user with vital data that can be used for prevention.