- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 5 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 4 weeks ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 2 months ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 2 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 5 months ago
Airbus unveils the world’s first 3D printed electric motorcycle: Light Rider
Airbus has a wholly-owned subsidiary called APWorks, which is set up to develop additive manufacturing techniques – especially metallic 3D printing – for the supply chains of Airbus’ main businesses. From time to time, the company releases independent products developed through their manufacturing work for Airbus.
Frame weight around 6Kg, 6KW electric motor, 80Km/h maximum speed, $56K. Impressive numbers for the first of its breed!
It is not open source, but I’ve chosen to show this project since it could be really inspiring for many makers.
And, if you look with an eagle eye to the video, you can see many soldering points. Next frontieer will be to print the whole frame at once, maybe using chinese 6 meter metal 3d printer!