- Building a 3D Digital Clock with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a controller for Minecraft with realistic body movements using ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Snowflake with ArduinoPosted 3 months ago
- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 3 months ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 4 months ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 months ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 4 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 5 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 5 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 5 months ago
3D Printing is changing the World: an amazing infographic
The two most popular methods are FDM and SLA. Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) is a process where small amounts of plastic are heated and fused together layer by layer to create a three-dimensional structure. Steriolithography (SLA) works by using a laser to solidify a photopolymer (light reactive plastic) resin. The UV light is projected onto a point in the resin, causing it to become solid one layer at a time.
RS Components has recently undertaken some research to understand what the hot topics are for Engineers when it comes to Technology and its development. Their findings have shown that 3D Printing has dominated online conversations and projects, not only in Engineering but across other sectors such as Medicine, Science, Fashion and Architecture.
So, they have aggregated some of the most shared 3D Print stories that have appeared online and created an interactive and responsive HTML5 infographic. It highlights the latest developments and innovations in 3D printing.
33 Ways 3D Printing Is Transforming The World – RS Components Australia.
Source: 3D Printing Features & Usage