- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 8 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 8 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 9 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 9 months ago
3D Printing is changing the World: an amazing infographic
The two most popular methods are FDM and SLA. Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) is a process where small amounts of plastic are heated and fused together layer by layer to create a three-dimensional structure. Steriolithography (SLA) works by using a laser to solidify a photopolymer (light reactive plastic) resin. The UV light is projected onto a point in the resin, causing it to become solid one layer at a time.
RS Components has recently undertaken some research to understand what the hot topics are for Engineers when it comes to Technology and its development. Their findings have shown that 3D Printing has dominated online conversations and projects, not only in Engineering but across other sectors such as Medicine, Science, Fashion and Architecture.
So, they have aggregated some of the most shared 3D Print stories that have appeared online and created an interactive and responsive HTML5 infographic. It highlights the latest developments and innovations in 3D printing.
33 Ways 3D Printing Is Transforming The World – RS Components Australia.
Source: 3D Printing Features & Usage