- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 5 days ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 6 days ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 2 weeks ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 weeks ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 3 weeks ago
- Camera Pi – How Raspberry Pi can seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arduino as a programmable logic controller (PLC)Posted 1 month ago
- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 1 month ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 2 months ago
- Exclusive interview: Pete Lomas, co-founder of Raspberry Pi on Mission, Openness, CommunitiesPosted 2 months ago
Web thermostat with Arduino
[singlepic id=199 w=320 h=240 float=center]
Equipped with Ethernet interface, Arduino controls a boiler to maintain the set temperature and publish environmental data via Internet on Pachube, and the web interface allows setting the temperature remotely via Internet.
[singlepic id=201 w=320 h=240 float=center]
The project is designed to control an heating system in order to keep the temperature in a room above a certain value, which can be set from Internet or a Personal Computer by LAN, because ours is not a simple thermostat but a complex unit managed by Arduino, which can connect to a local network with ethernet interface. The thermostat allows many functions, including the publication temperature measured at regular intervals (set by firmware), as well as the state of the boiler (on or off). The datas are published on the website http://www.pachube.com, which provides a database which stores user data, also makes available a series of gadgets to be able to view this data directly into web pages.