- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 6 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 2 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
What to Do If Your SD Card Becomes Unreadable, Use a Free SD Card Recovery Software?
Did your memory card stop work? What’s the issue, you can’t find your files or does your system no longer reads it? Whatever the cause, your data is at stake, and you must look forward to recovery it Asap. To help you do it, following we are giving you a quick guide!
Fix the Issue
If you use your SD card with your smartphone or camera, and it gets corrupted, then how do you recover your data?
There are several strategies to fix this content. Following, we are offering you quick guidelines to fix it:
- Click the “Start” button and enter search box, type “diskmgmt.MSC” and press enter. Now you will find the Disk Management Dialog Appears; it will show all available letters
- Right click on Memory card, and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths” in the Pop-up menu
- Change drive letter or path window, Tap the “Change Button.” You can see the current drive letter of your memory card in the drop-down list. Now you have to choose from the list a driver letter, (like X, Y, and Z)
- Connect the Memory card into the system and confirm your card shows up with the new drive letter
When you follow these steps, it will solve the issue. But depending on your use and severity of the problem you might face it again after some time. So, you best use a Free SD Card Recovery Software to recover every bit of essential data and toss the card out. This is the only way you can keep the problem from coming back.
Things to Mind When Buying a New SD Card
To make sure you won’t face any issues with your card, it’s important you buy a high-end SD card. We understand the general user has no idea what to look for when buying a memory card. Therefore, following we are explaining in brief what things you should look out for!
The Right Type
There are two essential things you need to mind when you purchase a memory card. First is how you will use it, and second it what sort of device you will use it for.
If you want a card for your smartphone, tablet or an entry-level camera, then you need a basic and afford a card like Micro SD. But if you’re going to take high-resolution snaps or shot video, then you will need a Speed Class 10 card.
Before you invest in a card, you need to mind what device you are going to use it with. These cared some available in different formats, and you must choose one that suits you must. Some cards are designed for the latest cameras while others are better suited for Smartphones. SD or Micro SD means Secure Digital; these cards are intended for several uses and store all sorts of content. On the other hand,
SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) and SDXC (Secure Digital Extreme Capacity) only store photos and video and they are specific for high-end cameras.
Compact Flash Card or CF are still used today. However, they are not compatible with medium DSLRs but can support some High-end models. They are slow but offer better security.
Word of Advice: If you try to use a card not compatible with the given device, then it might damage your card or device. This might make you lose your files. Also, you should invest in recovery software beforehand. This way, you won’t waste a lot of time when it comes to recovery your document. Just search for memory card recovery software free download.
You must learn about the different sizes of SD cards available in the market. The card capacity is generally measured in Gigabytes (GB). This also indicates the number of snaps, videos, songs, and other items you will store in your card.
Usually, these cards are available in 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 Gb, 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB and more. Just consider your use when you buy a card.
Speed of Card
The speed of an SD card is often overlooked, but it’s crucial. The speed of card means how fast will write data to the card. This is particularly important when you deal in high-resolution content. The big data files find in handy often. With that said, you also need to mind what card reader do you purchase. Its imperative that you invest in a good one.