- 2,8W Class D AmplifierPosted 4 days ago
- An Electronic LED Roulette you can self buildPosted 1 week ago
- An Open Source Sprinkler System powered by YúnPosted 3 weeks ago
- LED MATRIX: giant & stand-alone panelsPosted 4 weeks ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO! WiFi, SD card, RTC, audio codec, LiPo and more…Posted 1 month ago
- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 1 month ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 2 months ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 2 months ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 2 months ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 2 months ago
Vinduino, a water saving project
The Vinduino project (Vineyard + Arduino) started out of necessity to better manage irrigation in Southern California vineyard and reduce agricultural water consumption by 25% (25% of 42 million acre feet/year is more than the annual urban water use).
In order to be of the greatest possible use to the public, the Vinduino project is open source, affordable, and easy to build.
Using a single soil moisture sensor, you can determine when to start irrigation, but overwatering is hard to avoid. By using multiple sensors, located at different depths, you can actually control irrigation to not exceed the active root zone, and thus save water:
Because the sensors are connected together through a soil resistance path, multi-sensor measurements can only be done when sensors are disconnected when not in use. Vinduino uses regular 2N7000 FETs for this. The handheld reader can measure only one sensor at a time, and therefore can use a simpler interface circuit without FET switches.
Before to start your project, be sure to have:
|1||×||8 characters x 2 lines LCD displayAMC0802BR-B-G6WFDW|
|1||×||Arduino Pro Mini|
|2||×||resistor 4k7, 1%reference resistors used in sensor measurement bridge|
|1||×||resistor 470 OhmLCD backlight current limit|
|1||×||10 k potentiometerLCD display contrast setting|
|2||×||1N4148 diodeused in sensor measurement bridge|
|2||×||crocodile connector cable|
|1||×||Polycase VM-24 enclosure + VM24-bootenclosure + protective silicone rubber boot|
|1||×||9 V block battery|
|1||×||Vinduino-H printed circuit board|
|1||×||Power switchon when pushed in, off when default|
Now check out the original project and start doing it yourself!