- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
Microchip announces BodyCom™ Technology
Microchip’s BodyCom™ Technology is a short-range, low-data-rate communication solution for securely connecting to a wide range of wireless applications. Activated by capacitively coupling to the human body, the system communicates bidirectionally between a centralized controller and one or more wireless mobile units. Intra-body communication occurs utilizing the human body as the transmission medium.
At Embedded World conference in Germany, Microchip Technology Inc. presented a new solution – BodyCom™ technology – which provides designers with the world’s first framework for using the human body as a secure communication channel. The technology works thanks a clever human body capacitively coupling method. This solution enables a broad range of applications where secure wireless communication is essential.
Compared to existing wireless methods BodyCom technology also promises lower energy consumption.
Here’s a short video
[iframe_loader src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/dTuXAGUjnQA?hl=it&fs=1″ height=”349″ width=”425″ ]
and a brief presentation: