- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 5 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 6 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 6 months ago
Laser Video & Transparency Projector
Lasers have always intrigued me. I have two Helium-Neon Lasers (gas discharge, not solid state), one red the other green. I also have several laser pointers. I like lasers.
Several years ago I came across an instructable that showed that you could take the narrow beam of a laser and spread it out into a cone of light. Since it is laser light the light stays coherent, and even though it is not parallel and spreading out, it still acts like a laser. If you put a silhouette or a photographic slide in the cone of light it will be projected BY LASER light so no matter where the surface the image falls on it will still be in focus.
I wondered if this would work if the image placed in the cone of laser light was an LCD video display.
This is my proof of concept for such a device.