- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 2 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 4 weeks ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 4 weeks ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 2 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 4 months ago
Infineon releases two Arduino shields
The leading chipset provider Infineon just announced two Arduino shields. The shields target RGB lighting and motor control.
Until the end of January, both Shields, the RGB Lighting Shield with XMC1202 for Arduino and the DC Motor Control Shield with BTN8982TA for Arduino, are available from Farnell element14 and Newark element14 , afterwards also from Infineon and its other distributors.
Both Shields are compatible to Arduino Uno R3 and can be combined with the XMC1100 Boot Kit which is equipped with a 32-bit microcontroller of the XMC1000family. All XMC1000 products use the ARM Cortex-M0 processor.
The Infineon RGB LED Lighting Shield for Arduino features the XMC1202 microcontroller with its Brightness Color Control Unit (BCCU) for LED lighting control. The high-current DC Motor Control Shield for Arduino contains the Infineon NovalithIC BTN8982TA, an integrated half-bridge driver for motor control.
The RGB LED Lighting Shield is an evaluation board for Arduino. It allows the adoption of different LED light engines for prototyping and evaluation. The RGB LED Lighting Shield offers three independent output channels for flicker-free control of multicolor LEDs. It is powered by the XMC1202 microcontroller of the XMC1200 series.
The series provides all essentials for high-quality colour, such as full dimming control and flicker-free light at all dimming levels with low energy consumption. The BCCU automated hardware engine provides a cost sensitive and flexible high-quality LED lighting solution. It is easy-to-configure and ensures smooth dimming and colour mixing. The Shield can be expanded by using a DMX interface for lighting and audio nodes or a 24GHz radar sensor for motion detection, for example.