- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 6 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
PLC for Raspberry Pi
Speed Plc is a complete system that allows you produce a PLC. It consists of Speed Plc editor software (the program that runs in your computer) and firmware (operating system loaded in the chip or board). With Speed Plc editor program you can prepare plc code in ladder language. The code you have prepared will be operated by the firmware. With the Speed Plc editor program you can control all the features of Plc. Firmware is currently only available for Raspberry Pi. We will prepare the firmware for other boards and integrate it into the Speed Plc system within a short time.
Raspberry Pi is a complete computer with different models ranging from $10 to $35. With the Speed Plc system, you can turn the Raspberry Pi into a plc in a few minutes. You must first install the Rasbian operating system to the Raspberry Pi you bought. You can see how the installation is done by expanding the window below.
Once the installation is complete, the firmware must be transferred to the Raspberry Pi with the Speed Plc program. As soon as the transfer is complete, Raspberry Pi will start working as Plc. Raspberryi Pi inputs and outputs are in TTL (3.3v – 25mA) level. For now you can test your PLC by connecting buttons and LEDs. On the Raspberry Pi there are 26 ports that you can use as input / output . Then you should design the IO Shield circuits to protect the Raspberry Pi inputs and outputs. Expand the window below for optocoupler circuit design.
Advantages of the Speed Plc system:
- Plc with Raspberry Pi capability is not in the world yet. Imagine a plc with hdmi screen, keyboard, mouse, wifi, ethernet, bluetooth, serial port, Lcd, gigabyte of disk space, cpu with 4 cores and faster than 1 GHz.
- The cheapest plc is even more expensive than the Raspberry Pi. You can get the plc for just $10
- You can choose the appropriate equipment yourself. Besides onboard inputs and outputs, you can design IO cards working with SPI. You can reach 16384 input / output capacity. All IOs can be read and written within only 50 ms. You can produce specific cards. For example; You can create a servo control card and add it as a plc expansion module. The cost of the card with 16 digital inputs and 16 digital output we designed is only $5. Cost of the card with 8 analog input is $10. You can purchase the projects of all these tested circuits from us.
- You can be a plc manufacturer without making any R&D. You can use it for your own needs or sell it. The Speed Plc program can start with your logo.
- The easy, fast and highly capable features of the Speed Plc editor program are an advantage in itself.
- And you can start working at zero cost. You do not have to buy anything from us. Speed Plc program can be used freely up to 2 kb plc code. You can be a plc manufacturer without buying anything. There is no restriction on the amount of plc you sell or use, and there is no charge for production.
- The Speed Plc system is produced as a result of long R&D work. It is newly offered to market. We will continue to develop rapidly. We will first upgrade the plc command set and add new commands that are not exist in current PLCs. Then the web interface and the HMI interface will be added to the system.
- The only disadvantage we can find for now is originating from the Java virtual machine. Speed plc firmware is written in Java for Raspberr Pi. Java occasionally performs garbage collection. For this reason, the cycle time can be extended independently of the plc code. In the tests, 3-5 milliseconds per minute, and 3-5 times per day, 100 millisecond of cycle time extensions were observed. This error is mostly caused when communication with the PLC via ethernet. We are working on this error. For now, you should use the Speed Plc system by accepting this error. Further developments will be announced on this page.
You can download the electronic schematic here.
You can download the Proteus project here.
You can download Gerber files from here.
You can download the Speed Plc software and firmware from here.