- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 5 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Integrating ARM Cortex M Processors into Xilinx FPGAs
ARM DesignStart FPGA offers instant and free access to Cortex-M1 and Cortex-M3 soft CPU IP for use on FPGA designs. ARM Cortex-M1 processor is optimized for FPGA development while ARM Cortex-M3 features an exceptional 32-bit performance with low dynamic power. Xilinx Spartan-7 FPGA offers the most size, performance, and cost-conscious design engineered.
Digilent Arty S7-50T provides users with a wide variety of I/O and expansion options. Use the dual row Arduino® connectors to mount one of the hundreds of hardware compatible shields available, or use the Pmod ports with Digilent’s pre-made Pmod IP blocks for a more streamlined design experience. Additionally, with the on-chip analog-to-digital converter, users can configure up dual conversion channels at 12 bits of resolution on Arty S7-50. Target applications include sensor fusion and motor control.
Download the “Integrating ARM Cortex M Processors into Xilinx FPGAs” Course Workbook. Get hands-on experience with creating, programming, debugging, and developing applications for Arm Cortex-M processors in Xilinx FPGAs through DesignStart FPGA. Use the Xilinx Vivado Design Suite, and drag-and-drop the Cortex-M1 and Cortex-M3 soft IP on Xilinx Spartan S7 FPGA.
The workbook includes 3 labs
- Exploring the Cortex M Architecture in Xilinx Vivado Design Suite
- Implement Cortex M Soft Processor on Xilinx Spartan 7. Create “Hello World” application in ARM Keil
- Create a monitor to track the FPGA physical position and measure the temperature
Implement the SoC on Digilent Arty S7-50T Spartan S7 FPGA Board. Use Arty S7-50T, Pmod HYGRO Digital Humidity and Temperature Sensor and Pmod NAV 9 axis IMU plus barometer to complete a simple environmental monitoring application.