- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 3 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 4 weeks ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 2 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 4 months ago
DIY Your Remote Control Clock with USB Power Supply
Amazing remote control clock with the DIY kits. Now we will show you the making steps in details for your reference, especially the important welding procedure for your reference.
Five functions of remote control clock:
1. On time alarm (7-22 o’clock chime, hourly chime can also be turned off.)
2. Five channel alarm clock (can be turned on or off, respectively, with the shortcut keys to quickly turn on and off the main switch 5-way alarm.)
3. Error Correction (with software correction X days Y seconds, manually open the correction function, set the X and Y parameters can, Y is positive for X days plus Y seconds, Y is negative for X days minus Y.)
4. Memory when power off (dedicated clock chip + back-up battery, even if the external 5V power outage, battery-backed clock chip in the case can continue to travel time, eliminating the need for re-calibration after power off when the trouble.)
5. accurate time (clock chip oscillator selected error 5PPM, travel time from the hardware to ensure precision; with error correction procedures, can in 30 seconds April error control range)
Step 1: Weld SMD IC and resistor
You shoule pay attention to the direction of IC.
Step 2: Weld DIP component on other side
You can change the pin shape of IR sensor in order to install beautifully.
Step 3: Weld MCU and clock IC
This step should pay attention to direction
Step 4: Weld battery box and buzzer
Weld battery box and buzzer in right direction. Their pins should cut short as soon as possible on other side.
Step 5: Install LED Segment Displays
You should install LED Segment Displays in right direction.From now on, we have installed clock controller board.
Step 6: Deal with lamp body
Now, we began to deal with lamp body.
Step 7: Take down trigger spot for lamp body by blade
You can heat trigger spot by soldering iron if it is hard to take down trigger spot. The USB power apply cable will though it.
Step 8: Deal with the interface of lamp body
The bulge that can be used to fixed lampshade should cut some thickness on a cycle by blade or scissor. ( Please take care of your fingers!!!)
Step 9: Install USB cable and take a knot
You should install USB cable and take a knot in the right place.
Step 10: Red cable is VCC and black or blue cable is GND.
Step 11: The effect after connecting to the power
Step 12: Install remote control
Step 13: Install shrapnel
Step 14: Install the other shrapnel
Step 15: Install IR LED
You should pay attention to direction. You can see the long pin and short pin in picture.
Step 16: Install shell
Step 17: Demonstration effect
Step 18: Video to show the effect
The whole system is made up of MCU minimum system,infrared receiver circuit,display circuit,buzzer circuit,the clock chip and power supply.
1.MCU minimum system:U1（STC11F04E）,POR made up by C1、R5，clock circuit made up by C2、C3、Y1
2.Infrared receiver circuit:U3 is responsible to receive the signal that is sent by remote control.After amplification, the whole line is output from 1 pin and send to MCU to process.
3.Display circuit:U4(74HC138D)3－8 decoder、Q1-Q4、R7-R14 and digital tube which has the same anode.
4.Buzzer circuit: R6、Q5 and LS1,key tone of the clock, the sound of hourly chime, the bell of clock. Those sound is output from P3.1 port of MCU and make a sound by Q5 driving LS1
5.Clock chip:U2（DS1302）、Y2、C5、C6 and BT1
6.Power Supply: J1 connect power line and C4 smoothing.