- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 4 days ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
Frozen Computer Alarm
This project is an Arduino-based alarm to monitor if the computer is working. In case the computer freezes, it will emit a warning sound signal.
The project is composed from two parts: a program which runs on the computer, and an Arduino connected in an USB port.
The computer programs sends a predefined character to the Arduino, at 1 second interval. Arduino reads from the data sent from the computer. If it doesn’t receive any character for 10 seconds, it makes a sound from a buzzer attached to pin 10.
The computer program is written in Visual Basic. It is a simple Windows Forms Application, containing a Form (Form1), a label (Label1) and a timer (Timer1).
The Timer1 Interval is set to 1000 ms.