- DC Wattmeter Using Arduino Nano (0-16V/0-20A)Posted 3 hours ago
- Making Your Own Photovoltaic 5V SystemPosted 2 days ago
- Sezme: a Memory Game for the ArduinoPosted 6 days ago
- Virtual arduino experimentPosted 1 week ago
- Tilt to TellPosted 1 week ago
- Nextion 3.5″ TFT LCD Digital Compass for ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- An Autonomous RoverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Smart Air Cooler with ESP8266Posted 2 weeks ago
- Nano33BLESensor: Getting Started with the Nano 33 BLE SensePosted 2 weeks ago
- Interfacing Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC-SR04 With ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
Frozen Computer Alarm
This project is an Arduino-based alarm to monitor if the computer is working. In case the computer freezes, it will emit a warning sound signal.
The project is composed from two parts: a program which runs on the computer, and an Arduino connected in an USB port.
The computer programs sends a predefined character to the Arduino, at 1 second interval. Arduino reads from the data sent from the computer. If it doesn’t receive any character for 10 seconds, it makes a sound from a buzzer attached to pin 10.
The computer program is written in Visual Basic. It is a simple Windows Forms Application, containing a Form (Form1), a label (Label1) and a timer (Timer1).
The Timer1 Interval is set to 1000 ms.