- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 days ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 1 month ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 5 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 5 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 5 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 5 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 5 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 5 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 5 months ago
Duel Disk System blends physical cards with a virtual playfield
Yu-Gi-Oh! and other similar card games can be quite popular, but actually finding a group to play with can be challenging. Online games, on the other hand, have their advantages yet render your deck pretty much useless. As a way to combine these two worlds, Augusto Masetti has created a prototype Dual Disk System that will allow you to play with real cards in a virtual playfield.
To play, participants attach NFC stickers inside a card sleeve, which are scanned by an NFC reader controlled by an Arduino Uno. The card ID is then compared to the YGOProDeck API database via a computer, giving players a tactile element to this virtual competition.