- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
DIY pressure seat sensor for Arduino
You know the pressure sensors placed inside the car seats that remind you to fasten your seat belt?
The professor Michele Maffucci has decided to exploit this principle in order to create a system that measures the sedentary lifestyle of people sitting at the desk, but with a DIY pressure sensor and a PIR sensor.
Usually resistive sensors are used, but for this project a DIY sensor was built with a rubber tube, a LED and a photoresistor. The photoresistor will vary its resistance with the variation of pressure applied to the tube and this variation will then be read by an Arduino Uno.