- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 4 weeks ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 1 month ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 months ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 months ago
DIY Arduino-Powered 3D Wire Bending Machine
How To Mechatronics has come up with a bender that not only twists wire left and right, but can rotate to create three-dimensional shapes.
The 3d wire bending machine is powered by an Arduino Nano, which controls three stepper motors for wire manipulation via DRV8825 driver boards. A servo motor is also implemented in order to push a piece of copper tubing into place to physically bend the wire.
“Here’s the working principle of this 3D wire bending machine. So first, the wire goes through a series rollers, or straighteners. Using a stepper motor the wire is precisely fed to the wire bending mechanism which also uses a stepper motor as well as a small servo for the bending process.
There’s also another stepper motor, called the Z-axis, which actually enables the machine to create three dimensional forms. Of course, the brain of the machine is an Arduino board which along with the other electronics components is attached on a custom designed PCB.”
Actually the device does have some trouble moving the wire when its straightening rollers are tight, but this issue can be fixed with a little more work.
For more information you can visit How To Mechatronics related page.