- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 6 days ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Adafruit Unveiled the 1.8″ Color TFT Shield v2
Adafruit has unveiled a new second-generation version of its popular 1.8 inch Colour TFT display which is now being combined with an Arduino shield fitted with a microSD card slot and a 5-way joystick navigation switch and three selection buttons.
New! We’ve updated this shield to be ‘Arduino R3‘ format compatible so you can now use it with any and all Arduinos or Metros – including the Metro M0 or M4, Arduino Mega, Zero, etc. We also use Adafruit seesaw for the TFT backlight, TFT reset, and button inputs – you can query the buttons and joystick over I2C now, so only 2 pins are needed to communicate with all 8 switches.
They also placed a microSD card holder (so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card), a 5-way navigation switch (left, right, up, down, select) and three tactile buttons marked A BC. The microSD card is not included.
If you just want to display text, shapes, lines, pixels, etc the shield uses the SPI pins (SCK/MOSI/MISO), I2C pins (SDA & SCL) and digital #8. For the microSD card, you’ll also give up Digital #4. This shield works with any Arduino UNO and compatibles, Mega, Zero, etc.
The Adafruit 1.8″ Color TFT Shield w/microSD and Joystick version 2 is now available to purchase priced at $35.