- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 13 hours ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 16 hours ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 day ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 2 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
The DIY LILCNC
This is a pretty old (2011) project, but we never covered it.
Maybe a post on Open Source CNC machines is mature!
Did you know that our 3Drag now sports CNC features?
The DIYLILCNC Project
The DIYLILCNC project is a free & open-source set of plans for an inexpensive, fully functional 3-axis CNC mill that can be built by an individual with basic shop skills and tool access.
CNC devices are used to fabricate physical objects with a high degree of precision. Some CNC devices, including the DIYLILCNC, feature a gantry-mounted cutting tool (like a router) that can move in two or more directions. The operation of the tool is controlled by a computer, which is tasked with translating a digital design into actual tool movement.