- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 2 hours ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 5 days ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 4 weeks ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 2 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Raspberry Pi based Low-Cost Avnet SmartEdge IoT Gateway for Industrial Application
The new Avnet SmartEdge Industrial IoT Gateway has been designed specifically to aid those interested in developing industrial automation applications such as, remote monitoring, predictive maintenance, process control and automation and it will support Avnet’s IoT Connect platform to enable cloud connectivity to Microsoft Azure.
Equipped with a wide variety of different connection options the IoT Gateway offers CAN-BUS and RS-232/ 485 (Modbus and DeviceNet) interfaces, isolated digital I/O and dual 10/100 Ethernet. Together with wireless connectivity via WiFi standards 2.4 GHz and BLE 4.2 via an integrated antenna with external connectivity, plus an mPCIe interface for cellular modems.
Power is provided to the gateway via a 12-24 V DC input, and Avnet have also included a handy HDMI display output, 40-pin expansion header and 8GB of EMMC storage which replaces the standard SD memory card with onboard TPM 2.0.
In addition, the enclosure features space for an additional internal accessory to provide Zigbee, Z-Wave, or LoRa capabilities, for example, or for multiple accessories through case expansion.
Premier Farnell did not say which Raspberry Pi is under the hood, but based on the WiFi support, it would appear to be the RPi 3 Model B rather than the B+.
“The Avnet SmartEdge Industrial IoT Gateway offers a level of simplicity, capability and accessibility never before achieved in this environment”, says Ralf Buehler, Senior Vice-President, Product Marketing & eCommerce, at Premier Farnell. “This new and exclusive product represents the value that Premier Farnell can add to customers as part of Avnet’s unique ecosystem, creating opportunities to develop new solutions for customers, based on strong existing relationships with the Raspberry Pi Foundation.”