- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 4 days ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 1 week ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 1 month ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 1 month ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 1 month ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
Open Source Raspberry Pi Tablet on Kickstarter
Thanks to developer Guillaume Debray, a new open source Raspberry Pi tablet called the Diskio Pi, has been launched via Kickstarter.
The Diskio Pi has been specifically designed to provide a versatile open source tablet which is compatible with Raspberry Pi hardware and Odroid to provide users with a scalable touch terminal.
Diskio Pi is currently compatible with Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero (W), ODROID C1+, and ODROID C2, but later, a modified kit will offer support for ODROID XU4 and Intel Atom based UP board. You’ll be able to use accessories like the official Raspberry Pi camera, and there’s even space to add extra boards or modules like an Arduino mini or sensors using the IO headers or the internal USB port.
Diskio Pi specifications:
- Display – 13.3″ AUO TFT IPS display with 1920×1080 resolution connected via a 30-pin eDP connector ; 330 cd/m2 brightness; 85° viewing angles in all directions.
- Touch panel – 10-point capacitive touch; G/G structure; USB 2.0 interface; ≥6H surface hardness.
- Main board:
- HDMI to eDP driver
- Stereo sound amplifier
- USB 2.0 hub with 3x ports: 2x external + 1x internal
- Battery balance circuit (3S/3S2P)
- Expansion – Various headers for prototyping (RJ45, USB…)
- Misc – Left & right mouse buttons (home button, USB); circuit protection via fuses, diodes…
- Power Supply – RJ45 POE+ (Power over Ethernet)
- Rack board:
- Connections with the board via cables: 4 x USB, 2 x Ethernet, 1 x Power, 1 x HDMI
- Fan circuit with potentiometer (fan will be optional)
- Speakers – 2x round 3W speakers
- Power Supply – 5V 3A from main board
- Power Supply – 15 or 18V AC/DC adapter with EU, UK or US plug
- Battery – Optional 6 cells LiPo 3.7V=11.1V, 8000mAh
- Dimensions – 348 x 265 x 25 mm (Final dimensions may change slightly)
- Weight – 1.8 kg (prototype)
Watch the video below to learn more about the Diskio Pi tablet.