- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 4 days ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 1 week ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 1 month ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 3 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Open Source Raspberry Pi Tablet on Kickstarter
Thanks to developer Guillaume Debray, a new open source Raspberry Pi tablet called the Diskio Pi, has been launched via Kickstarter.
The Diskio Pi has been specifically designed to provide a versatile open source tablet which is compatible with Raspberry Pi hardware and Odroid to provide users with a scalable touch terminal.
Diskio Pi is currently compatible with Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero (W), ODROID C1+, and ODROID C2, but later, a modified kit will offer support for ODROID XU4 and Intel Atom based UP board. You’ll be able to use accessories like the official Raspberry Pi camera, and there’s even space to add extra boards or modules like an Arduino mini or sensors using the IO headers or the internal USB port.
Diskio Pi specifications:
- Display – 13.3″ AUO TFT IPS display with 1920×1080 resolution connected via a 30-pin eDP connector ; 330 cd/m2 brightness; 85° viewing angles in all directions.
- Touch panel – 10-point capacitive touch; G/G structure; USB 2.0 interface; ≥6H surface hardness.
- Main board:
- HDMI to eDP driver
- Stereo sound amplifier
- USB 2.0 hub with 3x ports: 2x external + 1x internal
- Battery balance circuit (3S/3S2P)
- Expansion – Various headers for prototyping (RJ45, USB…)
- Misc – Left & right mouse buttons (home button, USB); circuit protection via fuses, diodes…
- Power Supply – RJ45 POE+ (Power over Ethernet)
- Rack board:
- Connections with the board via cables: 4 x USB, 2 x Ethernet, 1 x Power, 1 x HDMI
- Fan circuit with potentiometer (fan will be optional)
- Speakers – 2x round 3W speakers
- Power Supply – 5V 3A from main board
- Power Supply – 15 or 18V AC/DC adapter with EU, UK or US plug
- Battery – Optional 6 cells LiPo 3.7V=11.1V, 8000mAh
- Dimensions – 348 x 265 x 25 mm (Final dimensions may change slightly)
- Weight – 1.8 kg (prototype)
Watch the video below to learn more about the Diskio Pi tablet.