- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 7 days ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 1 month ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 1 month ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 1 month ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 1 month ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 1 month ago
- PRO MIDI 1284P developer’s boardPosted 2 months ago
Nova: 4G LTE Cat-M Ready Open Source Modem for Cellular IoT Connectivity
Hologram has announced the release of Nova, the world’s first open source modem for cellular IoT connectivity.
Nova is a 4G LTE Cat-M ready USB cellular modem purpose-built for Internet of Things development.
“We built the Nova as way for developers and enterprises alike to unlock the power of cellular connectivity for IoT,” says Ben Forgan, CEO of Hologram. “While most companies provide either hardware, software, or connectivity, the Hologram Nova provides all three in an easy-to-use yet industrial grade package. The Nova demonstrates our commitment to breaking down IoT connectivity barriers. It’s part of our mission to bring Internet Everywhere.”
The software behind Nova is compatible with most single board computers, including Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone and more. The Nova comes in 2G/3G and 4G LTE Cat-M variants.
The Nova modem is open source and unlocked, so its use is not limited to Hologram’s SIMs. Though it targets the developer community, it has potential uses for everyone from makers to system architects.
This open source design leverages Hologram’s global software defined cellular network to provide connectivity on over 600 carriers in over 200 countries. The core component is the industrial grade u-blox SARA, enabling wide range of IoT applications, from automotive to aviation. Nova ships with FCC, PTCRB, CE, AT&T, and Verizon certifications.
In addition to open sourcing the Nova, Hologram also announces the new, open source version of Dash, their original Kickstarter product from 2014. The new global Dash features extreme deep sleep and power optimization modes, making it ideal for remote deployments and industrial sensing applications.
The Hologram Nova is available online at the Hologram Store, launching first with the Nova Global 3G/2G (U201) and the Nova LTE Cat-M1 (U404) available for engineering samples before the end of the year.