- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 3 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 4 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 4 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 4 months ago
Nixie Tube Driver with Arduino Library
Doayee, a team of Electronic Engineering university students from the UK, have designed and built the Nixie Tube Driver and are now on the hunt for backers on Kickstarter.
The Nixie Tube Driver is an easy, open source way to add Nixie Tubes to any project that you are working on, whether that be for a measurement readout or just a retro clock for your desk. Even better, the board features a high power RGB LED backlight behind each tube, for an added edge of extra customizability.
The driver uses the HV5122 shift register from Microchip and is intended for use with a library and a microcontroller. A feature rich library is available on the Doayee website and this allows for control of all the digits and symbols displayed using simple, easy to learn code. The Nixie library also includes a comprehensive backlight controller, which allows smooth blending of colors between fades, custom color loops, and user controllable durations, all in the background of the sketch.
The driver supports IN12A/B and IN15A/B tubes, allowing for use with decimal points and symbols, allowing for a huge breadth of applications. With these tubes you can display the numbers 0-9, decimal points, and the symbols % n µ P – + M m k Π A W F Hz H V S Ω. This, of course, allows for a huge range of measurement applications, whether that be as a crude voltmeter, or something much more complex.
The Doayee team are now seeking funding on Kickstarter to bring the project to life, and with such high interest in the first few days of the campaign, the driver is selling out fast, be sure to take a look! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doayee/nixie-tube-driver/
You can find more information on the Doayee website at http://doayee.co.uk/nixie