- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 1 day ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 1 day ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 4 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 5 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 6 days ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
- Free Webinar: Arduino IoT Cloud and ESP32 DemoboardPosted 2 weeks ago
Mobile Weather Station for Your Smartphone
The idea to the creator of the project was born walking at night with his dog, and noting how the temperature changes between the inhabited areas and the fields. Just to measure the temperature and humidity, he wanted to create a small and handy device to carry around on walks.
There are tons of weather stations built with a BME280 sensor and an Arduino, ESP8266 or Raspberry Pi. But not everyone wants to use these powerful boards for some “small” tasks like getting weather data. Also, this type of microcontroller is not that comfortable to take with you.
To avoid carrying a PowerBank during walks, the meteorological exploration station is powered directly from the USB C/Micro USB port of the smartphone.