- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 2 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 2 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 3 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 3 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 3 months ago
- Smart AquariumPosted 3 months ago
- Wearable ProjectionPosted 3 months ago
- Write programs with the Arduino Web EditorPosted 3 months ago
Helios4 the 1st DIY ARM board computer designed for NAS
The Helios4 team is launching a Kickstarter campaign for the 1st Open Source and Open Hardware NAS (Network Attached Storage). Along the lines of Raspberry PI success, Helios4 is driving the way in open source collaborative approach by unveiling a single board computer built around the Marvell Armada 388 ARM processor allowing it to go head to head with the Synology DS416J & Western Digital EX4100 in the 4-bay market, and for half the price.
Helios4 is an attractive and economical solution for anyone who wants to secure all his files (Movies, Music, Photos, etc…) and enjoys fast access and transfer to their home network and Media Center(s).
The main key features of Helios4:
- A powerful Cortex-A9 dual core CPU with integrated Cryptographic and XOR DMA engines to provide the best level of performance for NAS functionality.
- The only ARM based single board computer on the market that offers 4x SATA 3.0 ports, along with 2x USB 3.0 ports.
- An attractive & compact casing solution that takes half the volume of existing 4-bay NAS on the market.
- Without compromising on performance, Helios4 Full Kit starting at US$ 169 is the most competitive option in the 4-bay range. (Early bird price will be US$ 139)
The Open Source & DIY spirit is what drove the team design thinking approach to allow creators and handy people to get full control of their set-up. Helios4 comes as a full color customizable kit that is assembled in less than 10 minutes.
To make sure anyone gets the comfort of a ready to run NAS, the Helios 4 team has partnered with OpenMediaVault and Syncloud to ensure anyone will be able to enjoy the full potential of a real NAS with simple drag and drop Apps to sync up their files.