- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 days ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 3 days ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 4 days ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 6 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 6 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 1 week ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 1 week ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 2 weeks ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
96Boards HiChips Parrot Voice Control Board
Allwinner and Shenzhen Kepuhao have teamed up on the new 96Board Hichips-Parrot SBC, an Allwinner developer board for doing audio recognition on the Allwinner R18 SoC for Amazon’s Alexa Voice Services (AVS).
The HiChips Parrot can take advantage of Linux and hosts everything needed to get the board up and running with AVS.
Hichips Parrot board specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner R18 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.15GHz with Mali400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – 3x Microphones, 2x AEC, headphone output; GMEMS voice recognition algorithm
- Connectivity – Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2xUSB type-A port, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Expansion – Low-Speed header, High-Speed header as defined in 96Boards specifications
- Power Supply – 12V DC input
- Mainboard: 100 x 85mm(96Boards CE Extended)
- Microphone array board – 104 x 90 mm
- Operating system – Tina Linux
The Hichips-Parrot features an audio front end for beamforming, noise reduction, and echo cancellation. It ships with a sensory wake word engine tuned to Alexa, as well as a client application built with the AVS Device SDK.
The mic-array board is connected by a supplied ribbon cable and offers three analog mics and dual AEC chips. The kit also ships with a pair of generic box speakers.
The Hichips-Parrot has received official support from 96Boards.org, so presumably full specs and schematics will be available soon.