- Fish’n TweetsPosted 2 days ago
- Exploring the Open Source Ethernet BroadcasterPosted 1 week ago
- Fishino: let’s look inside the featuresPosted 2 weeks ago
- The 3Drag Big: stretching 3Drag’s printing capabilitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- Creating a geolocalized relay, thanks to Microsoft Virtual Shield for ArduinoPosted 4 weeks ago
- Happy Open Year! Top 10 OpenSource projectsPosted 1 month ago
- Top Projects for a Merry ChristmasPosted 2 months ago
- Microsoft tastes the raspberryPosted 2 months ago
- Presepino: the nativity scene with ArduinoPosted 2 months ago
- Adding Internet connectivity to Arduino boards and apps with the YUN ShieldPosted 2 months ago
Open Source Beehives: help save bees (and humanity) from collapse
From some time now. a group of amazing folks is trying to take over the risk of bee colony collapse.
This is an important project, that deserves your support!
PS: we a re wrangling with the idea to interview the team: stay tuned!
The Open Source Beehives project wants to crowd-source a solution to the bee colony collapse problem – and we want you to be a part of it!
We’ve designed two downloadable, printable beehives: the Colorado Top Bar, and the Barcelona Warré. These hives aim to prioritise bee colony health, make beekeeping more accessible, and will ultimately allow you to log and study the health of your colony.
Your contribution will help us develop sensors to enhance our hives, connecting them to the Internet to log data about what is causing the bees to disappear around the world. This data can be used to study colony health, build hard evidence against the causes of the problem, and generate policy change and informed solutions moving forward.