- Top 5 Wireless Ways to Communicate with your ControllerPosted 5 hours ago
- The Open Source Snow Plow Robot: discovering the FirmwarePosted 2 weeks ago
- 32,000 Open Source Hardware Designs available on Upverter!Posted 2 weeks ago
- RandA: Merging Raspberry Pi and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- PCB Recycling: The Core of Your Electronics Is More Valuable Than You ThinkPosted 4 weeks ago
- Most Exciting Products and Open Source Highlights at CES 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Embedded MP3 Player & RecorderPosted 1 month ago
- Welcome to the Arduino MRF24J40 Wireless ShieldPosted 1 month ago
- Top Ten most exciting news in Open Hardware in 2014Posted 1 month ago
- A simple 1 Channel remote control Receiver at 433,92 MHzPosted 2 months ago
Open Source Beehives: help save bees (and humanity) from collapse
From some time now. a group of amazing folks is trying to take over the risk of bee colony collapse.
This is an important project, that deserves your support!
PS: we a re wrangling with the idea to interview the team: stay tuned!
The Open Source Beehives project wants to crowd-source a solution to the bee colony collapse problem – and we want you to be a part of it!
We’ve designed two downloadable, printable beehives: the Colorado Top Bar, and the Barcelona Warré. These hives aim to prioritise bee colony health, make beekeeping more accessible, and will ultimately allow you to log and study the health of your colony.
Your contribution will help us develop sensors to enhance our hives, connecting them to the Internet to log data about what is causing the bees to disappear around the world. This data can be used to study colony health, build hard evidence against the causes of the problem, and generate policy change and informed solutions moving forward.