- A full featured mp3 DemoboardPosted 7 days ago
- A 32-BIT FISHINO board for your powerful IoT!Posted 3 weeks ago
- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 4 weeks ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 4 weeks ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 4 weeks ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 weeks ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 1 month ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 month ago
Open Source Beehives: help save bees (and humanity) from collapse
From some time now. a group of amazing folks is trying to take over the risk of bee colony collapse.
This is an important project, that deserves your support!
PS: we a re wrangling with the idea to interview the team: stay tuned!
The Open Source Beehives project wants to crowd-source a solution to the bee colony collapse problem – and we want you to be a part of it!
We’ve designed two downloadable, printable beehives: the Colorado Top Bar, and the Barcelona Warré. These hives aim to prioritise bee colony health, make beekeeping more accessible, and will ultimately allow you to log and study the health of your colony.
Your contribution will help us develop sensors to enhance our hives, connecting them to the Internet to log data about what is causing the bees to disappear around the world. This data can be used to study colony health, build hard evidence against the causes of the problem, and generate policy change and informed solutions moving forward.