- RandA PhotoSharing: Are you a Maker?Posted 1 week ago
- GestIC Meets Raspberry Pi: gesture recognition with Raspberry PiPosted 2 weeks ago
- Gestic Meets Arduino: gesture recognition with ArduinoPosted 2 weeks ago
- Fishino pinout is available!Posted 3 weeks ago
- FISHINO: Arduino becomes wirelessPosted 3 weeks ago
- Boar’s Board, something wild is making its way into the world of electronicsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Microsoft & Open Source: the Odd CouplePosted 4 weeks ago
- The Drink Maker: Open Sourcing your Cocktail!Posted 1 month ago
- ArdIR a programmable and remotely manageable Infrared control with ArduinoPosted 1 month ago
- BOAR’S PIGLET 01: our newborn multi-axis development boardPosted 1 month ago
Open Source Beehives: help save bees (and humanity) from collapse
From some time now. a group of amazing folks is trying to take over the risk of bee colony collapse.
This is an important project, that deserves your support!
PS: we a re wrangling with the idea to interview the team: stay tuned!
The Open Source Beehives project wants to crowd-source a solution to the bee colony collapse problem – and we want you to be a part of it!
We’ve designed two downloadable, printable beehives: the Colorado Top Bar, and the Barcelona Warré. These hives aim to prioritise bee colony health, make beekeeping more accessible, and will ultimately allow you to log and study the health of your colony.
Your contribution will help us develop sensors to enhance our hives, connecting them to the Internet to log data about what is causing the bees to disappear around the world. This data can be used to study colony health, build hard evidence against the causes of the problem, and generate policy change and informed solutions moving forward.