- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 2 days ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 3 weeks ago
- Exclusive interview: Pete Lomas, co-founder of Raspberry Pi on Mission, Openness, CommunitiesPosted 3 weeks ago
- The perfect Remote, Programmable, Controller for interactive LED stripsPosted 1 month ago
- 3Drag contest relaunchedPosted 1 month ago
- Print flex filaments with 3Drag/K8200Posted 1 month ago
- Interview to Open TronsPosted 1 month ago
- An Easy and Customizable Arduino powered Weather Station connected with XivelyPosted 2 months ago
- Internet Radio with Raspberry PiPosted 2 months ago
- A Great I/O expansion Shield for RaspberryPi based on I2CPosted 2 months ago
Open Source Beehives: help save bees (and humanity) from collapse
From some time now. a group of amazing folks is trying to take over the risk of bee colony collapse.
This is an important project, that deserves your support!
PS: we a re wrangling with the idea to interview the team: stay tuned!
The Open Source Beehives project wants to crowd-source a solution to the bee colony collapse problem – and we want you to be a part of it!
We’ve designed two downloadable, printable beehives: the Colorado Top Bar, and the Barcelona Warré. These hives aim to prioritise bee colony health, make beekeeping more accessible, and will ultimately allow you to log and study the health of your colony.
Your contribution will help us develop sensors to enhance our hives, connecting them to the Internet to log data about what is causing the bees to disappear around the world. This data can be used to study colony health, build hard evidence against the causes of the problem, and generate policy change and informed solutions moving forward.