- Holographic Christmas TreePosted 1 week ago
- Segstick: Build Your Own Self-Balancing Vehicle in Just 2 Days with ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- ZSWatch: An Open-Source Smartwatch Project Based on the Zephyr Operating SystemPosted 1 month ago
- What is IoT and which devices to usePosted 2 months ago
- Maker Faire Rome Unveils Thrilling “Padel Smash Future” Pavilion for Sports EnthusiastsPosted 2 months ago
- Make your curtains smartPosted 2 months ago
- Configuring an ESP8266 for Battery PowerPosted 2 months ago
- Creating a Telegram Bot for ESP32Posted 2 months ago
- Mini Course on BlynkPosted 3 months ago
- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 3 months ago
Kitchen becomes open source: Valcucine’s call for ideas launched
So we’re finally mature to see Open Source coming into new businesses.
This move from Valcucine is really promising and shows another time that often smaller brands are smarter than industry behemoths.
Valcucine and dotdotdot are making an open call-for-ideas around the theme of the ‘open source kitchen’. during milan design week 2014, the Valcucine showroom in the city’s brera district (corso garibaldi, 99) will be transformed into a brain-storming marathon, and incubator of ideas, where creatives will participate in reinterpreting the italian company’s meccanica system (of demode engineered by Valucine) by developing concepts for expanding the structure in the form of accessories, and add-on components, through digital fabrication and model making. the purpose of the workshop is to design new aesthetics and/or functional solutions that can be further explored through traditional handicraft traditions and/or technology, specifically for meccanica.