- Extending the Deadline for the 3D Contest- apply until 10/20Posted 5 days ago
- Obrary, on a challenge: marketing Open Design (or Open Source Hardware)Posted 6 days ago
- We’re at World Maker Faire this Weekend!Posted 2 weeks ago
- MatterMachine is the Third Industrial Revolution, customized for youPosted 2 weeks ago
- TiDiGino: remote control based on Arduino increases the performancePosted 3 weeks ago
- Camera Pi – How Raspberry Pi can seePosted 4 weeks ago
- Arduino as a programmable logic controller (PLC)Posted 1 month ago
- Red Pitaya: the opensource electronic laboratoryPosted 1 month ago
- A Robotic lawn mower powered by Solar Energy with an Arduino heartPosted 2 months ago
- Exclusive interview: Pete Lomas, co-founder of Raspberry Pi on Mission, Openness, CommunitiesPosted 2 months ago
Open Hardware Summit 2014 In Rome! Call is Open!
Probably, the most attentive ones will be already informed that this year, the fifth edition of the Open Hardware summit will finally be in Europe, Italy, during Rome’s Innovation week, that will also feature the European Maker Faire:
Finally, the Open Hardware Summit this year will be held in parallel with the Innovation Week in Rome. This will give attendants the opportunity to attend multiple events in a relatively short period of time in the city. Last but not least, thanks to the collaboration with Rome’s Innovation Week we will be able to make the fifth Open Hardware Summit an open event with no admittance fee. We hope this choices will help bring more attention and cooperation to the key topics of open source hardware and open manufacturing.
It’s now possible to submit your proposals for a Talk or Workshop by applying here (the event also offers airfare covered for peer selected speakers)
The call for speakers for the 2014 is currently open. The deadline to apply is May 25th. The complete call can be found and applied to online: http://2014.oshwa.org/participate/
The 2014 Summit is a two day event which features speakers, keynotes and workshops centered on the topic of the Open Source movement. This is the fifth year of the Summit and the first year it will be outside the USA.
In addition to the first day of speakers, for the first time thanks to community feedback, we will be introducing a second day to the Summit which is workshop based and co-creative sharing centric. The workshops and talks will range in subject from electronics and mechanics to related fields such as digital fabrication, fashion technology, self-quantification devices, and DIY bio. Proposed workshops can be all levels and focus on, but are not limited to, education, manufacturing, business models, design, business, electronics, hardware, and law. As a microcosm of the Open Source Hardware community, the Summit provides a friendly forum for discussion desire to be as inclusive as possible.
Previously speakers included world renowned leaders from industry, academia, and the maker community such as Becky Stern, Director of Wearables at Adafruit, Marcin Jakubowski, Founder of the Open Ecology Project , Amanda “W0z” Wozniak, Engineer at Wyss Institute at Harvard University, and Eben Moglen, Chairman of Software Freedom Law Center.
Follow @ohsummit for updates