- FairWind: when marine electronics, open source and the University meetPosted 13 hours ago
- The Discovery of the Future: Stretchable integrated circuitPosted 16 hours ago
- Robots are going to replace developers quicklyPosted 1 day ago
- 3D Prints with Computational HydrographicsPosted 2 days ago
- Open Source into Microsoft’s reality finallyPosted 3 days ago
- Guide to Mobile Apps for 3D DesigningPosted 4 days ago
- A FPGA controlled RGB LED MATRIX for Incredible Effects – the SoftwarePosted 5 days ago
- Ultrasound to aging winePosted 1 week ago
- The Walt Disney’s jewel: MagicBandPosted 1 week ago
- 2017 forecast: Up 31 Percent From 2016 of Internet of Things usedPosted 2 weeks ago
Helium: an Open Source, supercapacitor-powered portable speaker!
This product is really amazing: “speakers that charge in five minutes, play for six hours at full volume, and sound awesome.” and are open-source!
- Innovative – it is the first portable speaker to use supercapacitors as batteries. They charge in 5 minutes, play for at least 6 hours, and have a charge life of over half a million times during its lifespan.
- Open-sourced and sustainable – Using bamboo and supercapacitors we have created a more sustainable speaker that will last a lifetime. They are also open-sourced. We want to push the world toward longer-lasting, more sustainable products so we are making our ideas available to anyone who wants to build awesome product.s
- Hand-crafted, high quality – The speaker combines hand-crafted design with great sound quality. A full 4” driver powered by supercapacitors means better sound that can run longer than the competition. Blueshift has a modern look, thoughtful design, and remarkable performance.
Blueshift builds open-source electronics in Portland, Oregon: the company is committed to products that last, so everything they make can be repaired and upgraded.
Time to support Blueshift that is launching the brand via a crowdfunding campaign on www.crowdsupply.com.