- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 3 months ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 4 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 5 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 9 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 9 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 9 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 9 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 9 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 10 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 10 months ago
Wireless Charging of Remote Controllers – Wireless Power Contest Open-Electronics
A new interesting project sent to our Wireless Power Contest! Can you do better? Rush to submit your idea before Nov, 30th!
Most wireless controllers like game consoles and remote controllers are powered by batteries. And when these controllers are used frequently, the batteries drain out quickly, and the problem arises.
To charge the batteries of the remote controllers, the batteries have to be removed, and charged separately. In the meantime, the remote cannot be used (unless we insert a new set of batteries in them). Similarly to charge wireless joysticks, we need to insert them in a power socket, and the joysticks can’t be used while charging (Very annoying for gamers).
So I propose a smart charging mat, that can be placed on the living room table (or any flat surface). The Mat is embedded with the 5W wireless power transmitter.
And all the wireless joysticks and remote controllers, can be embedded with the 5W wireless power receiver.
At the end of the day, all the wireless joysticks and remote controllers can be placed on the smart mat, and they will be charged automatically.
Since, they are placed directly on the mat, the power transfer will happen easily, and since the wireless joysticks and remote controllers consume less power, they can be recharged easily, by the 5W transmitter.
Source: Wireless Charging of Remote Controllers – Contest Open-Electronics