- Environmental monitoring with uChipPosted 7 days ago
- ARDULEGO KIT: create with Lego and ArduinoPosted 3 weeks ago
- Share & Discover by PCBWayPosted 1 month ago
- ENERGY METER IOTPosted 1 month ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 2 months ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 2 months ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 3 months ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 4 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 4 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 5 months ago
Solderdoodle is an Open Source USB Rechargeable Soldering Iron
Great cool project for a solar powered soldering doodle.
You can also get the instructions on how to build the Solderdoodle prototype on your own. And maybe back the ending campaingn!
What is Solderdoodle?
Solderdoodle is a portable, cordless, USB rechargeable soldering iron. It is based off my original Open Source project: “Solar Powered Soldering Station” http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Powered-Soldering-Station/
Solderdoodle does what other portable soldering irons have failed to do, and that’s the ability to last hours and charge the soldering iron from a USB port. You can literally go anywhere and still have a way to charge your Solderdoodle if there is a laptop, USB battery, wall adapter, or even a USB solar charger nearby!
Solderdoodle uses a high-efficiency, high-power charge controller from Maxim and uses the same battery that’s used in the Tesla electric car, which is the best battery of its kind. The soldering iron tip is replaceable using off-the-shelf components.