- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 2)Posted 4 days ago
- Energy Meter GSM with Arduino (part 1)Posted 1 week ago
- ARDULOCK: a keyboard with RFID modulePosted 1 month ago
- Autofocus Glasses/Phoropter Using Variable Focus Liquid LensPosted 3 months ago
- Home Automation & Lights controlling SystemPosted 3 months ago
- Solar TrackerPosted 3 months ago
- LTspice inverter simulation with thermal effectsPosted 3 months ago
- AI in LEGO EV3 Maze-Driving RobotPosted 3 months ago
- Temperature predicting using boltiotPosted 3 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 3 months ago
Juniper creates OCP compatible Open Source Hardware network switch
Juniper recently presented the OCX1100, anopen networking switch that combines Open Compute Project (OCP) hardware design with Junos operating system.
Really great to see the singularity which is happening in networking as Open Compute project will also play a role in the market raising from an increasingly demand of decentralized secure networking and cloud.
From Black Box to White Box:
The networking technology emerging from the Open Compute Project is designed to be open and disaggregated, meaning the network software for switches, routers and other gear is unbundled from the hardware. That’s also the model used for “white-box” switches, which are based on merchant hardware and that give organizations a choice of software.
The white-box model contrasts sharply with that of traditional networking vendors like Cisco and, until now, Juniper, whose switching hardware and software come tightly integrated