- Terminus FE1.1 USB hub board: the solution to connect four USB devicesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Understanding the Mechanics of 3D PrintingPosted 2 months ago
- SDS011 the Air Quality SensorPosted 3 months ago
- NIXIE STYLE LED DISPLAYPosted 6 months ago
- TOTEM: learning by experimentingPosted 6 months ago
- Google Assistant Voice Controlled Switch – NodeMCU IOT ProjePosted 7 months ago
- Water Softener Salt Level MonitorPosted 7 months ago
- Sparkly Air SensorPosted 7 months ago
- Ultra sonic distance finder with live statusPosted 7 months ago
- Windows interface to have total control over lampsPosted 7 months ago
Gesture recognition without camera
Grumpy Hedgehog is a device that allows you to interact with electronic devices through movements. We can easily create our own movements and patterns to transmit actions through different communication channels (USB HID, Wifi, IR …) or simply use its relay and servo motor.
The system is based on the VL53L1X time-of-flight sensor, a technology that uses a waveform sent by a device (in this case an invisible laser emitter) and a receiver (SPAD). The time for that waveform to return to the receiving end of the same device is recorded to provide the so-called “time of flight”.
In the image below we see the required hardware.