- Creating a Unique Electronic Musical Instrument: The Sound WallPosted 2 days ago
- Building a Laser MicroscopePosted 2 days ago
- Grand Piano Keys with ArduinoPosted 5 days ago
- Wireless Power TransferPosted 6 days ago
- Robot Punchers with ArduinoPosted 7 days ago
- A minimal 3D-printed scalePosted 1 week ago
- Expanding the pins of a microcontrollerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Let’s create a small level with a matrix displayPosted 2 weeks ago
- ChatGPT: Writing Code with Artificial IntelligencePosted 2 weeks ago
- Free Webinar: Arduino IoT Cloud and ESP32 DemoboardPosted 2 weeks ago
Gesture recognition without camera
Grumpy Hedgehog is a device that allows you to interact with electronic devices through movements. We can easily create our own movements and patterns to transmit actions through different communication channels (USB HID, Wifi, IR …) or simply use its relay and servo motor.
The system is based on the VL53L1X time-of-flight sensor, a technology that uses a waveform sent by a device (in this case an invisible laser emitter) and a receiver (SPAD). The time for that waveform to return to the receiving end of the same device is recorded to provide the so-called “time of flight”.
In the image below we see the required hardware.