- “Maker Faire Rome – The European edition” returns to the Gazometro OstiensePosted 7 hours ago
- Single-chip saturation meterPosted 4 weeks ago
- Raspberry Pi Relay BoardPosted 2 months ago
- PCB CAD, A SELECTION GUIDEPosted 3 months ago
- Automatic dispenser for catsPosted 3 months ago
- Do you have a mask? RASPBERRY Pi SEES ITPosted 3 months ago
- RFID based Attendance system using Arduino and External EEPROMPosted 4 months ago
- ESP32 Neopixel Status Indicator and Sensor PCB Shield with Wi-Fi ManagerPosted 4 months ago
- Remote control power functions usbPosted 4 months ago
- ESP32-CAM with Telegram: Take Photos Control Outputs Sensor Readings and Motion NotificationsPosted 4 months ago
Gesture recognition without camera
Grumpy Hedgehog is a device that allows you to interact with electronic devices through movements. We can easily create our own movements and patterns to transmit actions through different communication channels (USB HID, Wifi, IR …) or simply use its relay and servo motor.
The system is based on the VL53L1X time-of-flight sensor, a technology that uses a waveform sent by a device (in this case an invisible laser emitter) and a receiver (SPAD). The time for that waveform to return to the receiving end of the same device is recorded to provide the so-called “time of flight”.
In the image below we see the required hardware.